Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
SCOPE AND TERMS OF THE LOYALTY PROGRAM
The IKEA Family loyalty program is operated by the company “HOUSEMARKET SOCIETE ANONYME FURNITURE AND HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS TRADING COMPANY”, with registered seat in Peania Attica, Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”, Building 501, Airport Commercial Park (hereinafter referred to as “HOUSEMARKET S.A.” or “We”, “Our”, “Us” etc.). As an IKEA FAMILY member is eligible any adult person, resident of Greece and customer of the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores in Greece. The purposes of the IKEA Family loyalty program is to record and analyze the IKEA FAMILY member’s purchases in order to reward it according to the HOUSEMARKET S.A. current IKEA FAMILY rewarding scheme and the analysis of our clients purchases (categories of products selected, frequency of store visits, most preferred products, price range, response to general and personalized offers, etc.) aiming at an improved management of our products, sales, shops and customers’ needs.
- ISSUANCE AND USE OF A MEMBERSHIP CARD
- Each IKEA Family card is issued by and remains a property of HOUSEMARKET S.A. Its bearer is obliged to return it at any time upon our request.
- The IKEA Family card is strictly personal. The card and its benefits are not transferable.
- IKEA Family cards can be either plastic or electronic. An electronic IKEA Family card can be issued only to members that have an account at our eshop at the webpage www.ikea.gr or to members using our mobile application “IKEA Greece”. IKEA Family plastic cards are available only at the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores in Greece and they can be activated either at the IKEA Family info kiosks placed in our shops or online at the www.ikea.gr/ikea-family/ by selecting the card activation menu. For the activation of any IKEA Family card the holder must register some personal data and create an IKEA Family account, as detailed hereinafter. To activate online its IKEA Family card the member must also have an account in our eshop (www.ikea.gr) The IKEA Family card must be activated within three (3) months from the day the member used it for its first transaction, otherwise the card is cancelled and any IKEA Family points are deleted.
- Each IKEA Family member is entitled to use its IKEA Family card and the IKEA Family rewarding scheme only in the HOUSEMARKET S.A. physical and online stores in Greece and only in accordance with these present Terms and Conditions. These present Terms and Conditions may be altered or amended from time to time and shall be valid as notified to the member (to its contact details set at the IKEA Family card registration) or/and as published to the IKEA Family website ikea.gr/ikea-family/ or/and at in-shops announcements.
- The IKEA Family card is not a credit or debit card. The IKEA Family member can only benefit from the IKEA Family rewarding scheme as set by HOUSEMARKET S.A. In order to use it the member must have its IKEA Family card activated and present it to the cashier of the HOUSEMARKET S.A. store when request In order to use it online at the Greek IKEA e-shop, the IKEA Family member should have linked its IKEA e-shop user account with its IKEA Family card.
- Rewarding scheme: One (1) euro of purchase at the physical or online shops of HOUSEMARKET S.A. (i.e. IKEA Greece or Greek IKEA e-shop) equals to five (5) IKEA Family points at the IKEA Family card, when IKEA Family card is used. Each IKEA Family member can benefit from exchanging these points with discounts at its next purchases at the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores or at the Greek IKEA e-shop, in accordance with the applicable rewarding scheme and the applicable redemption scale. When ordering online from the Greek IKEA e-shop any IKEA Family points shall be awarded after the order is completed. Each member should bear in mind that in order to collect IKEA Family points the member is not obliged to present its plastic or electronic IKEA Family card but in order to redeem earned points it should present either its plastic card or the IKEA Greece application connected to its IKEA Family account. Members that have only electronic IKEA Family card may issue a plastic one in our shops or use the IKEA Greece application. No print out of the electronic IKEA Family card will be accepted for points redemption.
- The IKEA Family card, the number of points in this card and the purchase discounts cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash have no cash value and no change will be given. The IKEA Family member shall only be entitled to discounts when purchasing in our physical or online store and these discounts shall be calculated solely based on our current rewarding scheme.
- HOUSEMARKET S.A. is free to end the IKEA Family loyalty program and refuse to issue an IKEA Family card.
- AMENDMENT - EXPIRY – TERMINATION
- HOUSEMARKET S.A. has the right to terminate at any time, without prior notice or justification, any IKEA Family card and prohibit any use of it. In any case the IKEA FAMILY member does not comply with its obligations as set in these present terms or in case it suspects unauthorised use or abuse or fraud attempt of the IKEA Family card, the IKEA Family card will be terminated and all the points shall be erased, and all benefits shall be removed.
- The IKEA Family points acquired by the IKEA Family member are valid for twenty-four (24) calendar months as of the date of the respective transaction that generated these particular points (for example all the IKEA Family points generated from purchases in HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores on the 15th of June 2019 shall expire on the 15th of June 2021). For the purposes of better performance of this contract and the transactions with the IKEA Family members, HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall regularly communicate (and at the latest three (3) months before expiration) to the members the available IKEA Family points and the date they expire by email or sms/viber to the contact details we have in records, unless a member has opted-out from any communication by HOUSEMARKETA.
- Without prejudice to IKEA Family member‘s opting-out from marketing communication, in any case a member requests a restriction to or objects to its data processing and data analyzing or requests deletion of its data, then HOUSEMARKET S.A. reserves the right to delete at its discretion the member’s IKEA Family account and its associated IKEA Family card, since, otherwise, the IKEA Family rewarding scheme and this present contractual agreement cannot be performed.
- All IKEA Family members should also take into account that even when a request for IKEA Family data deletion is submitted, this procedure may last for a period of up to thirty (30) days and, even after that period, some personal data (e.g. purchases data and tax data, mobile phone and email address registered) shall remain in encrypted form in order to address any tax issues and prove the lawfulness of processing. Moreover HOUSEMARKET S.A. will keep on using the contact details of the IKEA Family member for direct marketing and offers of its products, unless the member has opted-out from marketing communication, according to L 3471/2006 art. 11.
- In any case the IKEA Family card is inactive for a period of three (3) years (starting from the last transaction made using the IKEA Family card) the card shall be deactivated. For the best performance of this contractual provision HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall communicate a warning to the members of the program, at regular intervals, and in any case three (3) months before the date of deactivation of its IKEA Family
- In any case a terminated IKEA Family card is also linked to an online account at the Greek IKEA e-shop, the online account shall not be deleted but it will be unlinked to this IKEA Family card, since this online account is based on a separate data processing and transactions purpose.
3.1. Lawfulness and Transparency of Processing, and Data Accuracy
The company “HOUSEMARKET SOCIETE ANONYME FURNITURE AND HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS TRADING COMPANY” with registered seat in Peania Attica (Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”, Building 501, Airport Commercial Park) is the controller of the personal data of the IKEA FAMILY member and determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data in its physical and online shops.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. informs the IKEA FAMILY member and the member confirms that by using the IKEA Family card, it is fully aware and accepts the following:
3.1.a. For the processing of the personal data related to the IKEA Family card, HOUSEMARKET S.A. relies on the following legal bases:
- Performance of contract: In order to serve the purposes of this present agreement, that is the benefits of the IKEA Family rewarding scheme and the analysis of the IKEA Family customers purchases data and preferences and the offering of generic or/and special offers to our customers, it is essential to collect and process both the data filled in by the data subject, when registering for an IKEA Family account, and the data generated from the use of its IKEA Family card.
- Legitimate interests: Some processing of the personal data is required for the improvement of the services provided by HOUSEMARKET S.A. (processing of statistical and non-identifiable data, data related to how the member uses its IKEA Family card), to prevent or investigate fraudulent or breaching use of the IKEA Family card, to support the legal and tax arguments of HOUSEMARKET S.A. and to address any issues with any relevant authorities, as well as safeguarding and supporting the general legal interests of HOUSEMARKET S.A.
It is also on HOUSEMARKET S.A. special legitimate interest to communicate to the IKEA Family members (through phone, SMS/Viber service, email etc.) news, offers, promotions, competitions, surveys and generally direct marketing at the contact details the IKEA Family members have notified when registered, according to article 11 par. 3 of L.3471/2006 and for as long as the IKEA Family member has not opted-out from such marketing communication. HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall keep communicating such marketing material even when the IKEA Family member has terminated its IKEA Family account, unless it has also opted-out from such communication. HOUSEMARKET S.A. may communicate with the member via OTT message services, such as Viber, WhatsApp etc, for the purposes of better communication with the IKEA Family members and more efficient control of its communications costs. Furthermore, the IKEA Family members may choose how they will be reached for such communication by HOUSEMARKET S.A. by signing-in to their online IKEA Family account at www.ikea.gr/ikea-family/ and select or deselect communications channels (SMS, OTT, email, post), or by sending an e-mail to IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr, or by calling at 210 6293011 (in which case the call will be recorded and retained for a period of one (1) year to ensure security and quality of the transaction). Any such changes to direct marketing preferences will be realized within 30 days from the day requested, due to technical reasons. In case the member has opted-out from all communications channels we won’t be able to communicate to this member its IKEA Family card or IKEA Family points status and expiration. In addition such an opt-out choice shall not affect the ability of HOUSEMARKET S.A. to communicate to any member any non-commercial or direct marketing communication such as the changes in these present terms and conditions.
3.1.b. The IKEA Family member has a right but also an obligation to access, correct and update its personal data, and it is obliged to promptly notify HOUSEMARKET S.A. of:
- any change of its registered home address, by sending an email to IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr, or online at its IKEA Family account at ikea.gr/ikea-family/;
- any change of the registered mobile phone number, either online in its IKEA Family account or by using the special form in the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores. Given that the mobile phone number may be used also as a username in the IKEA Family online account (ikea.gr/ikea-family/), and generally as an identification data when using the IKEA Family card, each IKEA Family member should be clearly aware of the fact that HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall not bear any liability against the IKEA Family member if it was not informed by the member for any such changes.
3.2. Data categories, Processing Purposes and recipients of personal data - Rights of Data Subjects
3.2.a. Data Categories and Purposes of processing: The personal data, which any IKEA Family member should provide upon its registration in the IKEA Family loyalty program are:
- Name, surname, home address, mobile phone number, preference store, year of birth and a valid e-mail address.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. collects and processes the above personal data as well as the data generated from the use of the IKEA Family:
- for the performance of the contractual provisions of the IKEA Family loyalty program;
- for direct marketing and offers to IKEA Family members;
- for analyzing its products and services sales and its customer base preferences (most preferred product categories, frequency of store visits, store preferences, response to the general and special offers, etc.), instore and online, in order to manage more efficiently, its stores, its merchandise and the customer services to better match the local market needs;
- to comply with the legal obligations to which the controller is subject (as in the case of tax inspection or in any cases before a competent regulatory, administrative or judicial authorities). Some data (year of birth and place of residence) are requested in order to secure that the IKEA Family member is an adult natural person and resident of Greece.
3.2.b. Processors and other Recipients of Data: For each of the processing purposes the IKEA Family data may be processed by or transferred to:
- The competent employees of HOUSEMARKET A.
- The tax, auditing, judicial, regulatory etc. authorities in case of a relevant audit.
- The company with the trade name “QIVOS – WE CREATE CUSTOMER LOYALTY Α.Ε.”, which provides CRM services to HOUSEMARKET SA and which has undertaken, among other things, the registration, updating and maintenance of the IKEA Family database as a data processor on behalf of HOUSEMARKET S.A., and according to the specific written instructions given or/and any other company which may render to HOUSEMARKET S.A. similar data processing services in the future.
- Third parties that render to HOUSEMARKET S.A. call center and data analytics services. All these third parties receive the IKEA Family data under strict organizational and technical measures and procedures and are bind with confidentiality and data protection agreements.
The data collecting and processing by our employees, processors, agents and third parties fully comply with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) as well as with the applicable Greek laws in force and the Greek case law in relation to personal data protection and it is based on contractually agreed compliance obligations.
3.2.c. Rights of the Data Subject: Each IKEA Family member, as a data subject, may exercise at any time its rights, as these are provided in the General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 EU (articles 12 to 23) and in the relevant data protection national laws:
- the right to receive information and to access its data processed by HOUSEMARKET S.A., in respect of the IKEA Family card;
- the right to restrict the processing of its IKEA Family card related data;
- the right to rectification or erasure of some or all (right to be forgotten) of its personal data related to the IKEA Family card;
- the right to object to the processing of its personal data related to the IKEA Family card; and
- the right to data portability of its data related to the IKEA Family
The IKEA Family member may exercise its data rights as follows:
The right/obligation to access, update and rectify/complete its personal data:
- online in its personal IKEA Family account at ikea.gr/ikea-family/ clicking the option “Personal Data”;
- by sending an email at IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr or email@example.com ;
- by mailing by post a letter to HOUSEMARKET S.A. (4 Papanikoli str, 15232, Chalandri – c/o DPO).
The right to object or to restrict its IKEA FAMILY data processing and the right to erase some or all (right to be forgotten) of its IKEA Family data by sending an email at IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr or at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail by post a letter to HOUSEMARKET S.A. (4 Papanikoli str, 15232, Chalandri – C/O DPO).
The right to receive a copy of its data and request data portability: the IKEA Family member may ask for a copy of its IKEA Family data or to receive and transmit in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format those data to another controller by sending an email at IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr or at email@example.com or by posting a letter to HOUSEMARKET S.A. (4 Papanikoli str, 15232, Chalandri – C/O DPO). The fist copy of the data requested shall be handed with no charge, while for any subsequent copies HOUSEMARKET S.A. may impose a fee.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall take any reasonable and technically feasible steps towards the satisfaction of the data subject’s request within one (1) month as of the date of its valid request and if further time is needed we will inform accordingly the IKEA Family member. In such a case there is minimum of the IKEA Family member data that is necessary to be retained by HOUSEMARKET S.A., in order to safeguard its lawful interests. The IKEA Family member should also be aware that HOUSEMARKET S.A. may request adequate ID verification by any IKEA Family member in order to proceed with its request, in order to secure the transaction.
Any IKEA Family member may delete its IKEA Family account by sending an email to IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr or to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting a letter at 4 Papanikoli str, 15232, Chalandri (c/o DPO) or by using the special form available in the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores or by calling the phone number 210 6293011 (in which case its request will be recorded and retained for 12 months) and request the termination of its account.
Any IKEA Family member may also opt-out from any commercial communication and direct marketingrom HOUSEMARKET S.A.by accessing its online account at www.ikea.gr/ikea-family/ (option “Personal Data Management”), or by sending an email to IKEAFAMILY@ikea.gr or to email@example.com, or by posting a letter to HOUSEMARKET S.A. (4 Papanikoli str, 15232, Chalandri - c/o DPO) or by making a phone call to the number 210 6293011 (in which case its request will be recorded and retained for 12 months) and request to stop receiving such communication.
The IKEA Family member is explicitly informed that when exercising some of its aforementioned rights (especially the right to data erasure, the right to forgotten, the right to restrict processing and the right to object to processing), it may result to the termination of its IKEA Family account and IKEA Family card, since the IKEA Family loyalty program cannot work without processing the members data , and the deletion of any IKEA Family points collected within thirty (30) days as of the submission of the relevant request.
3.2.d. Retention of Personal Data: The IKEA Family data are kept and processed by HOUSEMARKET S.A. until the member terminates its IKEA Family account or as long the IKEA Family card is valid. Nevertheless, some essential personal data related to the IKEA Family card usage and the transactions of the IKEA Family member, as well as the requests regarding its data processing may be retained for a certain period to ensure compliance with the regulatory framework and against any legal claims by the IKEA Family members or third parties.
3.2.f. Special Category Data: The IKEA Family member is informed that HOUSEMARKET S.A. does not collect, nor demands the disclosure of sensitive personal data (special category data) by the member for the IKEA Family card.
3.2.g. Transparency obligation: For any information about its personal data, data processing and data protection, the IKEA Family member may access the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of HOUSEMARKET S.A. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 210 6293011 and if it is not satisfied by the response of HOUSEMARKET S.A., the IKEA Family member may appeal to the competent data protection supervisory authority (Data Protection Authority, www.dpa.gr, 1-3 Kifisias str., P.C. 115 23, Athens, email: email@example.com).
3.2.h. Technical and Organisational Measures: HOUSEMARKET S.A., its processors and any third party receive or access the data have taken proportionate and adequate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of the personal data against any incidental or illicit damage or loss, alteration, illegal disclosure or access to them and, in general, against any unlawful processing of personal data (including remote access) as well as for ensuring the recovery of the availability of the data and access to them.
These measures aim at guaranteeing a safety level covering the risk that may affect the specific data, taking always into account the type and the significance of the data, the technical abilities of HOUSEMARKET S.A., the evolution of technology, the application costs and the nature, application scope, framework and purposes of each specific processing, applying at the same time adequate procedures in place for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the efficiency of these technical and organizational measures.
In any case, HOUSEMARKET S.A. has bound its processors and any third party- data recipients with an adequate confidentiality and data protection agreement prior to access any IKEA Family member data.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. may allow, within the IKEA Family reward scheme, joint marketing campaigns and offers from third parties to members without sharing IKEA Family member data with these third parties. HOUSEMARKET S.A. will not willingly allow access or processing of the IKEA Family data apart from the specific processing and for the specific processing purposes referred into these present Terms and Conditions.
- TERMS FOR THE REDEMPTION OF POINTS OF THE IKEA FAMILY LOYALTY PROGRAM
The IKEA Family member is entitled to have special discounts by using its collected IKEA Family points, provided it is an active IKEA Family member and that it has the minimum IKEA Family points required for such a discount. Discounts for the online purchases at the Greek IKEA e-shop shall be calculated on the basket page and any discount will apply when the order is completed. IKEA Family card points cannot be redeemed for cash, have no cash value and no change will be given.
In case an IKEA Family member returns any product(s) it purchased using its IKEA Family card any money refund, shall deduct the corresponding points from its IKEA Family account.
The IKEA Family card points are only valid towards qualifying purchases made in the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores in Greece and online in the IKEA e-shop. The IKEA Family card points cannot be used towards purchases of any services (such as the assembly service, the delivery of goods etc.), unless otherwise stated in a special offer.
Each time the IKEA Family member redeems IKEA Family points for a discount, these points are deducted from its IKEA Family account. In case of a product return any IKEA Family points used cannot be returned and any purchases made with the use of an IKEA Family card discount cannot be refunded. The discount cannot be
redeemed for cash, have no cash value and no change will be given. In order to be entitled to a discount the IKEA Family member should have purchased products of a price bigger than the nominal value of the discount. It should be noted, that HOUSEMARKET S.A. reserves the right to change the IKEA Family rewarding scheme, at its own discretion.
In case that the activated IKEA Family member card is replaced with a new one, for any reason, the remaining IKEA FAMILY points will be transferred to the new IKEA Family member card, which can be collected and activated only in the HOUSEMARKET S.A. stores. In case the IKEA Family card is stolen or lost, the member should inform HOUSEMARKET S.A. the soonest possible. Any IKEA Family points already redeemed before replacement cannot be replaced.
- LIABILITY AND APPLICABLE LAW
Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL HOUSEMARKET S.A. ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, ITS FRANCHISEES OR LICENSEES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE IKEA FAMILY LOYALTY PROGRAM, THESE PROGRAM RULES, OR THE COMPANY’S OPERATION OF THE LOYALTY PROGRAM, WHETHER THIS DAMAGE APPEARS TO A MEMBER OR ANY THIRD PARTY. IN ANY CASE ANY LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL PERMITTED BY LAW. IN ANY CASE THE REMEDIE OF THE IKEA FAMILY MEMBER SHALL BE THE RETURN OF ANY LOST IKEA FAMILY POINTS.
The IKEA Family loyalty program, together with any other terms and conditions, rules, or regulations incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between HOUSEMARKET S.A. and the IKEA Family members and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the IKEA Family loyalty program, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications notified to the members or/and available on the IKEA Family loyalty program website ( https://www.ikea.gr/ikea-family/) .
These terms are governed by the Greek Law and the competent Courts of Athens shall have exclusive jurisdiction for any matter related to them. They are valid and applicable for the members of the IKEA Family program in Greece and govern their relationship with HOUSEMARKET S.A. as of the 9th of September 2019.
These present terms in English are translated from the original terms drafted in Greek. In any case of ambiguity or differences between the texts the Greek text shall prevail.
For the General Data Protection Policy see here.