1. GENERAL TERMS
The webpage www.ikea.gr is the official electronic store (e-shop) of the company “HOUSEMARKET S.A.”, member of the Fourlis Group, VAT No 099757704, Tax Office FAE Athens, Business Reg.No. 3804201000, active in trading “HOUSEMARKET SOCIETE ANONYME FURNITURE AND HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS TRADING COMPANY”. The company’s registered seat is in Peania Attica, (Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”, Building 501, Airport Commercial Park P.C. 190 02, tel. 801 11 22 722 – for landline calls subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider,- and 210 35 43 403 -for international or mobile phone calls subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider, e-mail: email@example.com).
HOUSEMARKET S.A. is always aiming to offer the best possible service to our customers. The present e-shop enables both our customers and internet users to be informed directly about the products offered by our company, as well as to make their purchases online. Our website gives our customers the opportunity to be informed about the existing stock in all the physical IKEA stores of our network. Our electronic store is served and supplied exclusively from its own separate warehouse and it is not possible to cover orders from the stock of other stores.2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All components of the design of the website, the text, the graphics, the selection and the settings, constitute the intellectual property of "HOUSEMARKET S.A." and are protected under the relevant provisions of Greek law, European law and international conventions. All rights reserved, any text or image bearing the IKEA symbols are trademarks or registered trademarks and are used herein with the permission of their respective owners.
Each person visiting the website www.ikea.gr (user) can navigate its webpages and make use of its services and content either as visitor or as registered user and processing of their personal data resulting of such access is subject to the present policy. For specific services (such as the Home Furinishing Advice etc.) additional policies apply and the user is notified when ordering these services.
Any user who wishes to make an online purchase from www.ikea.gr may also choose two (2) ways to complete it: either as a visitor (guest) or as a registered user.3.1 Lawfulness and Purpose of Processing, Transparency, and Data Accuracy
The company under the name HOUSEMARKET S.A. with registered address at: Peania Attica, (Athens International Airport “El. Venizelos”, Building 501, Airport Commercial Park P.C. 190 02, hereinafter referred to as “HOUSEMARKET S.A.”, is the controller of the personal data of any given visitor/registered user on the website www.ikea.gr and controls the processing of its data. HOUSEMARKET S.A. informs the users of its website on the following:
3.1.a For the processing of the personal data related to the navigation of the content and performance of online purchases on the website www.ikea.gr, HOUSEMARKET S.A. relies on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter (b) of the GDPR): In order to achieve the purpose of the performance of the distance sales contract and, in particular, to enable the user to complete its orders in www.ikea.gr, it is necessary to process the personal data provided by the user in the order form when placing his/her order and to record and track the user’s transactions. The purpose of this necessary data processing is the completion of each order, the communication and the notification messages concerning the order processing steps, the provision of any clarifications related to the order and generally the analysis and information for the purchases the user has made in order to fulfill HOUSEMARKET S.A. contractual obligations (including taking actions related to the commercial guarantee provided by HOUSEMARKET S.A.), the delivery of the order to the selected address, the identification and verification of the user, where necessary, deliveries to the user related to the performance of an order/request, and the notification on the existing product stock, as well as other purposes related to the orders via the online shop, as described in the General Terms and Conditions of the Website and Online Shop of HOUSEMARKET S.A. (e.g. for the purposes of products return etc.); in addition, the facilitation of registered users by creating a user account with completed pricing and shipping data, information about his/her purchases, management of his/her commercial communication preferences and if he/she is also a member of the IKEA Family customer loyalty program of HOUSEMARKET S.A. and makes purchases through www.ikea.gr, his/her rewarding with points and privileges resulting from his/her purchases.
- Legitimate interests (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter (f) of the GDPR): Some processing of the personal data is required for the improvement of the services provided by HOUSEMARKET S.A., for popularization/development of HOUSEMARKET S.A. activity and products/services, for the detection of fraud or abuse and in general for the establishment, exercise and/or defence of legal claims, for the potential collaboration with judicial and regulatory authorities. Also, data processing is necessary for the regular communication with the visitor and/or the registered user via telephone, mail, email, mobile phone message (SMS) or any other appropriate means of communication using the user’s contact information, which has been lawfully obtained, during the use of ikea.gr , in relation to the products and services offered by HOUSEMARKET S.A. within the context of their transactional relationship, according to ePrivacy Directive and for as long as the user does not object to such communication. This communication may include information on HOUSEMARKET S.A. products/services and/or promotions and/or competitions, surveys, in order to improve its products and services provided to its customers as well as other promotional activities for similar purposes. In addition, HOUSEMARKET S.A. may communicate with the visitor and/or registered user via OTT messaging services such as Viber, WhatsApp etc, for the purposes of better communication and cost efficiency. Registered users are able to choose the means of communication used by HOUSEMARKET S.A. through their personal account on www.ikea.gr. Changes to these communication preferences may take up to 30 days to become active, due to technical reasons. Finally, HOUSEMARKET S.A. considers that its legitimate interests include the presentation and promotion of the company and its stores, as well as its products and services on social media and other Information Society Services, also allowing other users of these networks to participate in promotions as well as to declare that they like ("like") our page and to post comments about our products/services.
- For compliance with HOUSEMARKET S.A. legal obligations (Article 6, paragraph 1, letter (c) of the GDPR): such could be, for example, obligations under tax legislation, accounting legislation, etc. The purposes of processing in those cases are the compliance with the respective legal obligation by HOUSEMARKET S.A. under the applicable legislation.
3.2 Processing and categories of personal data. Rights of the visitors/registered users
a) Processing of Personal Data: For online purchases, HOUSEMARKET S.A. will process the user's personal data completed by him/her during the creation of his account and/or in his order registration form, in order to complete his/her specific order through our online store. Each user of the online store www.ikea.gr may choose 2 ways to complete an online purchase order and to enter his/her personal data:
- As a registered user of the e-shop: In this case the user has created a user account in our e-shop and his/her personal data will be retained in a form allowing identification by HOUSEMARKET S.A. until the user requests the deletion of his/her account (after he/she makes such a request his/her data will be anonymized). Certain data, however, proving the conclusion and/or fulfillment of the transactions and other data related to the transactions, as well as proof for the notification for the processing of the personal data, shall be retained in a form allowing identification for compliance with legal obligations of HOUSEMARKET S.A. (e.g. for tax purposes) and/or for the establishment, exercise and/or defence of legal claims. Also, even after the registered user requests the deletion of his/her account, its contact data will be retained and used by HOUSEMARKET S.A. for marketing purposes, unless he/she has stated that he/she does not wish such communication (opt-out). Once a year, HOUSEMARKET S.A. may request from the registered user to confirm the accuracy of his/her data retained and update such data if changes have occurred. The registered user can, at any time, change or rectify his/her data by logging into his/her account in www.ikea.gr (login) with his/her username and password.
In particular, the personal data each user must provide (regardless of whether it places an online order as a visitor or a registered user) in order to carry out any transaction through the HOUSEMARKET S.A. e-shop (www.ikea.gr) and to place orders of its products/services are the following:
- the user’s first and family name
- the shipping address for the products/services ordered
- the billing address (in case it is different from the shipping address)
- invoicing information (in case an invoice has been requested)
- contact telephone number
- the user’s e-mail address.
In addition to the above, HOUSEMARKET S.A. also collects and stores the following personal data for the registered users:
- order history
- frequency of visits
- products/services in the cart or wish list
- participation in promotions.
The credit/debit card details used by the visitor or the registered user are not retained by HOUSEMARKET S.A. during the transaction but are entered directly in the secure environment of the partner company (Euronet) that has undertaken the credit/debit card billing and processing.
c. Data recipients: For each of the processing purposes user data may be transferred to the following parties:
- The respective employees of HOUSEMARKET S.A.
- The tax, etc. authorities in case of a relevant audit and/or other authorities as provided by law
- The company which provides customer management services regarding HOUSEMARKET S.A. physical and electronic stores, as well as of members of the loyalty programs (CRM services) and which has undertaken inter alia the registration, updating and maintenance of the relevant database as data processor on behalf of HOUSEMARKET S.A. according to the HOUSEMARKET S.A. specific written instructions and/or any other company which may render to HOUSEMARKET S.A. similar data processing services in the future instead of or in cooperation with the above company.
- External partners providing HOUSEMARKET S.A. with internet services, storage and management of online orders, courier services or group delivery of products, product assembly services and sales data analysis services, e-commerce service providers and customer service call centers, as well as other persons providing services to HOUSEMARKET S.A.. and which are subject to specific strict data processing conditions agreed with HOUSEMARKET S.A. as the Data Controller.
- In view of the sending of communication through SMS and OTT messaging services (such as Viber, WhatsApp, etc.) certain personal data is provided to the respective service providers and mobile operators. For more information about this data processing, please see the respective terms and privacy policies applied by the respective service providers/mobile operators.
d) Data subject rights:
Any visitor or registered user, as a data subject, may exercise his/her rights at any time, as provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 EU, and in particular Articles 12 to 23 thereof and the national legislation; more specifically:
- the right to receive information and obtain access to and/or to receive copy of the data processed by HOUSEMARKET S.A.: the data subject has the right to receive confirmation if personal data related to him/her are being processed and, if so, to receive access to the data and information related to them, as well as a copy of this data.
- the right to restrict the processing of his/her data: the data subject may require from HOUSEMARKET S.A. the restriction of processing of personal data concerning him/her.
- the right to rectify/complete or erase some or all (the right to erasure all data is also called “right to be forgotten”) of his/her personal data: the data subject may require from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him/her, the completion of incomplete personal data concerning him/her (taking into account the purposes of the processing), as well as the erasure of personal data concerning him/her.
- the right to object, that is to oppose the processing of his personal data: the data subject has the right, at any time and on grounds relating to his/her particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data that is based on legitimate interest.
- the right to data portability: If HOUSEMARKET S.A. processes personal data on the basis “performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party” or on the basis “consent”, the data subject may require from HOUSEMARKET that the data subject receives the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or that HOUSEMARKET S.A. transmits the personal data to another personal data controller.
HOUSEMARKET will take the actions requested by the data subject (by exercising any of the above-mentioned rights) only where the conditions regarding the respective right under the General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 EU are met.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised as follows:
To exercise the right to access, to erase (in part or in its entirety) or to rectify/complete their personal data, HOUSEMARKET S.A. provides the opportunity to registered users of the www.ikea.gr website to view, rectify/complete their personal data through their personal account on the www.ikea.gr website, using the menu option “My Account” and the field “Personal Details” or to request access, partial or total erasure or rectification/completion of their data via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. .Users of www.ikea.gr who place orders as visitors can exercise the above rights by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To exercise the right to manage commercial communications by HOUSEMARKET S.A. on any or all channels of communication (email, SMS or Viber on mobile phone, etc.) any registered user can manage them through his/her personal account in www.ikea.gr using the menu option "Personal Data Management" (applies only to registered users) or by sending an e-mail (email) to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Regarding the right of data portability, HOUSEMARKET S.A. provides the option the data subjects to obtain their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or/and have them transmitted to another data controller, by submitting the relevant request to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. shall take any reasonable and technically feasible steps to satisfy the data subject’s request within one (1) month as of the date of the valid submission of such request. In such a case, the data subject is notified that there is a minimum of its data that is necessary to be retained by HOUSEMARKET S.A., in order to safeguard its legitimate interests. It is also noted that in order to submit a valid request, proper identification of the user is required so as to ensure that the person submitting a data subject’s request is the actual data subject of the specific relevant data.
The account deletion of the registered user of www.ikea.gr may be performed via email request to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, in the event that a registered user is also a member of the IKEA Family loyalty program and has linked his IKEA Family card with his/her registered user account in the e-shop located at www.ikea.gr , such user must be aware that his/her account with IKEA Family and the related personal data will be retained without being erased even if the registered user account in www.ikea.gr is deleted, since this electronic account (of the registered user) constitutes a distinct means of trading with HOUSEMARKET S.A. MARKET and serves a different purpose of processing of the collected data.e) Data retention period: The personal data of the user who places an order as a visitor will be anonymized HOUSEMARKET S.A. after forty (40) days from the completion or cancellation of the specific order. The data of the registered user shall be retained and processed by HOUSEMARKET S.A. until the registered user requests the deletion of his/her account. Nevertheless, some required personal data relating to the transactions of the registered user/visitor with HOUSEMARKET S.A. as well as proof for the notification for the processing of his/her data may be retained as information about the visitor or the registered user as a means of proving the lawful processing of such data by HOUSEMARKET S.A. and/or for ensuring the legal claims of the parties and/or for the compliance with legal obligations, e.g. for tax purposes.
f) Special Categories of Personal Data: For the purposes of this processing, HOUSEMARKET S.A. neither collects, nor requires the disclosure of sensitive personal data (special categories of personal data).
For members of the ΙΚΕΑ FAMILY Program completing purchases in www.ikea.gr, the terms and conditions of the ΙΚΕΑ FAMILY Program also apply.
g) Transparency Obligation: For any information regarding user data as well as its processing and protection, any data subject may address the Data Protection Officer of HOUSEMARKET S.A. (DPO) at email@example.com and in the call line 210 6293011.
Right to lodge a complaint:
The user is hereby informed that he/she has the right to file a complaint before the competent supervisory authority (Data Protection Authority, www.dpa.gr, Kifisias 1-3, P.C. 115 23, Athens)
i) Social Plug-ins, Buttons Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest etc.: You can use them if you want. These buttons link to third-party websites that collect and process personal data in accordance with their own policies. We are not responsible for the content of or data processing performed by these websites, and it is your responsibility to be informed about their own privacy policies. We have set these additions to make our Website more functional for its visitors, as well as to advertise our activity and services if you voluntarily share our content on the respective websites. We consider it as our legitimate interest to appear on these social networks and to try to promote our products and services. We rely on our legitimate interests to establish a presence on electronic social networks and to attempt to promote our products and services. If you express your preference on our webpage (e.g. you "like" our page) or followed us ("follow") on an online social networking service, this means, according to the practices of the respective social networks, that you will see messages, advertisements or material posted by us on our respective social media page and that we will obtain information of your public profile in the same social media. If you submit a question through the corresponding page or make a post, it will be visible to all "friends" and "followers" of our page on that specific social network and we can use the features provided by the same network to respond to you. If you send us a personal or direct message (PM or DM), you should know that its content will be accessible, on a case-by-case basis, by certain HOUSEMARKET S.A. employees, as well as third parties assigned with the management of our social media pages and activity. You should not post on our social media pages or send us messages with offensive or illegal content and you should not share with us personal data of third parties unless you have obtained these parties’ valid consent. You should also not post on our social media pages or use these means of communication to send us any sensitive (special category) data or data of minors, because we cannot ensure the security and limitation of access to these data. Any post or personal/direct message that does not comply with these limitations will be deleted and the user's details may be given to the competent authorities if the post or the message also constitutes an illegal act.
j) Links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications: The website www.ikea.gr may include links to websites, plug-ins and applications of third parties. Clicking on these links or activating these links may allow third parties to collect or share data about the user HOUSEMARKET S.A. does not control these third-party websites and is not responsible for their privacy statements and the processing of personal data performed by them. In case the user leaves website ikea.gr, HOUSEMARKET S.A. recommends him/her to read the privacy statement on any website he/she visits. Putting these references on the website www.ikea.gr is based on HOUSEMARKET S.A. legitimate interest for improving its services and developing its activity.
The SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) is currently the global standard on the internet for website certification to web users and for the encryption of data between network users and web servers. An encrypted SSL communication requires all information sent between a user and a server to be encrypted by the sending software and decrypted by the accepting software, thus protecting personal information during transfer. In addition, all information transmitted with SSL is protected by a mechanism that automatically determines whether the data has been changed during transmission.
In addition, the password you set when you register to www.ikea.gr constitutes personal security. To allow access to your online account and your personal information available, you must first enter the username and password. For this reason, you must keep this information secure, so it does not fall into the hands of unauthorized third parties. We also advise you to create a password using symbols in combination with alphanumeric characters. Finally, please remember that credit/debit card information is not stored in the company's database during the transaction but entered directly in the secure environment of our partner company (Euronet) that handles the credit/debit card transactions to which you are redirected to complete the purchase.
Date of coming into force: July 7th 2020
Cookies and other Automated Means of Data CollectionCookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your electronic device whenever you visit a website. Cookies may be used to inform us, for example, if you have visited our website in the past or if you are a new visitor, as well as to help us identify which features of our website you are mostly interested in. Cookies can improve your online experience by storing your preferences when you visit a webpage.Web Beacons
Web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) are typically transparent graphic images placed on a website. Web beacons are used in combination with cookies to measure the actions of visitors on websites.
IP and URLs Addresses
An IP address is a unique identifier that electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our websites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general geographic location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We may use this information to change the way we present our websites to you to enhance your visit.
A URL (uniform resource locator) is a unique identifier or address for each resource on the internet, in fact it is the address for the web page that you are visiting. We will use this information to see which websites and pages are visited and the way that you navigate through our website.What kind of cookies we use?
We use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
The strictly necessary cookies are essential to carry the proper function of www.ikea.gr, since they allow you to browse and use the website features such as access to secure areas, registration forms, wish list, use of the shopping cart and for security reasons. Without these cookies, the website, and our online store (e-shop) cannot function properly. You can find out exactly which strictly necessary cookies we use in our cookie settings section.
Performance and analytics cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and registered users use the website, which pages they visit most often, and whether they receive error messages from the websites. They are used to improve the performance of a website and allow us to collect information about your use on our websites, including the content you choose when browsing our websites, in order to measure the effectiveness and interaction of consumers with the website and to improve it.
These cookies may be provided to us by third party analytics providers but are used only for the purposes associated with our websites (E.g. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs ). You can find out specifically which performance and analytics cookies we use and choose whether you consent to their installation, in the cookie settings section.
Also, if you accept these cookies, we will be able to inform you about products/services added to your shopping cart but not purchased yet or your Wishlist, by automated means, i.e. email communications, web push notifications and SMS, according to your commercial communication preferences.
These cookies are used to provide content that best suits you and your interests. They can be used to send targeted advertising/promotions, to limit ad views, or to measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign. They may also be used to remember the websites you have visited so as to determine which online marketing channels are most effective and allow us to reward external websites and partners that have forwarded you to our website. You can find out which targeting/advertising cookies we use and indicate whether you consent to their installation in the cookie settings section.
How Can You Manage or Disable Cookies?
Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/el-gr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Safari for iPad and iPhone https://support.apple.com/el-gr/HT201265
Social Plug-ins, Buttons Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest etc.: You can use them if you want. These buttons link to third-party websites that collect and process personal data in accordance with their own policies. We are not responsible for the content or data processing performed by these websites, and it is your responsibility to be informed about their own privacy policies. We have set these additions to make our Website more functional for its visitors, as well as to advertise our activity and services if you voluntarily share our content on the respective websites. We consider it as our legitimate interest to appear on these social networks and to try to promote our products and services. We rely on our legitimate interests to establish a presence on electronic social networks and to attempt to promote our products and services. If you express your preference on our webpage (e.g. you "like" our page) or followed us ("follow") on an online social networking service, this means, according to the practices of the respective social networks, that you will see messages, advertisements or material posted by us on our respective social media page and that we will obtain information of your public profile in the same social media. If you submit a question through the corresponding page or make a post, it will be visible to all "friends" and "followers" of our page on that specific social network and we can use the features provided by the same network to respond to you. If you send us a personal or direct message (PM or DM), you should know that its content will be accessible, on a case-by-case basis, by certain HOUSEMARKET S.A. employees, as well as third parties assigned with the management of our social media pages and activity. You should not post on our social media pages or send us messages with offensive or illegal content and you should not share with us personal data of third parties unless you have obtained these parties’ valid consent. You should also not post on our social media pages or use these means of communication to send us any sensitive (special category) data or data of minors, because we cannot ensure the security and limitation of access to these data. Any post or personal message that does not comply with these limitations will be deleted and the user's details may be given to the competent authorities if the post or the message also constitute an illegal act
The SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) is currently the global standard on the internet for website certification to web users and for the encryption of data between network users and web servers. An encrypted SSL communication requires all information sent between a client and a server to be encrypted by the sending software and decrypted by the accepting software, thus protecting personal information during transfer. In addition, all information transmitted with SSL is protected by a mechanism that automatically determines whether the data has been changed during transport.
In addition, the password you set when you register to constitutes personal security. To allow access to your online account and your personal information available, you must first enter the username and password. For this reason, you must keep this information secure, so it does not fall into the hands of unauthorized third parties. We also advise you to create a password using symbols in combination with alphanumeric characters. Finally, please remember that credit card information is not stored in the company's database during the transaction but entered directly in the secure environment of our partner company (Euronet) that handles the credit card transactions to which you are redirected to complete the purchase.
All transactions performed through are governed by international and European law, which regulates matters relating to e-commerce as well as by the Law on consumer protection (Law 2251/1994), which regulates issues related to distance selling.
5. GOODS FOR SALE – PRODUCT AVAILABILITY – CHARACTERISTICS
Products available for sale, their characteristics, prices and stock availability can be found at and are accessible to all. Users can search for more information about each product by clicking on the product’s icon.
HOUSEMARKET S.A. guarantees the timely notification of customers about the availability of the products but bears no responsibility for their actual availability. HOUSEMARKET S.A. continuously strives to provide all the necessary information about each product (technical characteristics, prices, etc.). However, to limit any errors, we would recommend that before completing an order, to, please, contact us in cases where prices or any other product characteristic appears to be beyond the usual and reasonable.
The prices listed in the relevant catalogues below each product include VAT (24%). The HOUSEMARKET SA’s electronic store www.ikea.gr reserves the right to adjust prices without having to inform the consumer.
6. PRODUCT ORDER AND CONSUMER PROTECTION
Orders performed the www.ikea.gr electronic store (e-shop) constitute the execution of a distance sales contract, and are governed by the legislative framework of European Union No 2251/1994 (as currently in force) and the amendments referred to in Presidential Decree 131/2003 (Government Gaz A' 116/16.05.2003) and Decision 31619 Government Gaz. 969/22.3.2017 and the implementation into Greek law of Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2011, on consumer rights, amending Council Directive 93/13/EEC and Directive 1999/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive 85/577/EEC and Directive 97/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, published in the Official Journal of the European Union , under number L 304 of 22.11.2011 in effect as of 13/06/2014.The user has the right to enter into a valid transaction by placing an order through the e-shop, provided that he/she has under Greek Civil Code the capacity to perform legal acts (user is at least eighteen years of age and is not in legal guardianship/ judicial support restricting the capacity to conclude a sales contract). Orders may also be made by legal representatives of legal persons. HOUSEMARKET S.A. reserves the right to claim the return of the products by the supervisor or guardian of any orders made by legally incompetent persons.
7.1 PLACING AN ORDER ON THE ELECTRONIC STORE (E-SHOP).
To place an order on the www.ikea.gr e-shop, you must:
- Fill-in the special form with the necessary information for the conclusion of the sales contract.
In the 1st step, when you fill -out the "shopping cart" form you will be asked to provide the Postal Code of the delivery address of your purchases, as well as the desired shipping method with "Shipping Company" or "Courier Company" in order to calculate the shipping cost accurately. The courier option is available in selected areas of the country for orders with a total weight of less than 35 kg.
If the "How to find " message is displayed, it means that the product is temporarily in shortage and by entering your e-mail in the relevant field you will be notified as soon as the item is back in stock in our warehouses.
To continue shopping, you may choose from the main categories, selecting the one that contains the next item you are looking for and add it to your cart as well. When you're done adding products, press the "My shopping Cart" button at the upper righthand side of your screen. To place an order, it is not necessary to be a registered user of the www.ikea.gr, however, we do advise you to register with www.ikea.gr, since your registration will render any future use of the e-shop much intuitive. Fill in the form by entering your e-mail and password that you provided when you registered and login to access the registered users’ site. If you are not a registered user, click on the “Create account” button. Enter an active email address in the new user form. The e-mail you submit must be valid and active because all communications will be performed through the e-mail you have provided at the time of registration.
Placing your order
The order is completed in 3 steps.
At this point you may choose to have the order delivered directly to your home or have it picked-up from a specific central pick-up point in your area (where this possibility is available). This selection is mandatory before proceeding to the next step. After the delivery cost is calculated, you click on the , button which leads you to the 2nd step.
In the 2nd step you will be asked to login, if you already are a registered user or to make a new registration. You are also given the opportunity to make purchases as a visitor without necessarily registering, but, still, you must enter all the information necessary for the completion of your order.
In the 3rd step you will be asked for the billing information: a) if you wish to receive a receipt or an invoice, b) all details about invoicing, billing information and address, as well as shipping details and delivery address if different from the one appearing on the invoice.You also choose the Payment Method. You are given the opportunity to choose to pay with 1) Cash on delivery (cash only) (available in some areas of Greece only and for orders up to €500) 2) Credit or debit card, 3) Bank deposit (selecting this option will prompt you to select one of the available affiliated bank accounts) , 4) via PayPal 5) via MyBank or using a gift card (https://www.ikea.gr/exupiretisi-pelaton/dorokarta-ikea/). The possibility to pay in interest-free instalments, where available, applies only to credit cards issued in Greece by Greek credit institutions.
Depending on the payment method you choose, the corresponding form will load.
During the processing of your order, if you already are a registered member of the website you may visit the section "My Orders" to be informed about the progress of your order. The order processing stages are as follows:
"Order Received": Your order has been submitted and received.
"Order Shipped": The products of the order have been collected and dispatched (en route) to your place.
"Order delivery": The products of the order have been delivered to your place or to the agency of your choice.
In the event an issue arises with in your order, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided to us.
7.2 PAYMENT METHODS
For the convenience and better service of all wishing to purchase from our e-shop,www.ikea.gr offers the following payment methods:
- Charge your credit or debit card. The card is charged on the day shipping process starts. The ikea.gr e-shop has taken all necessary measures to ensure the security of all credit and debit card transactions and all card holders are subject to validity checks. You may pay with interest-free installments under the applicable commercial credit card policy, excluding foreign-issued credit cards. Upon selecting the payment method, you will be transferred to the secure environment of the partner company Euronet responsible for processing card payments, where you will be asked to enter all your card information.
It is imperative to enter a contact telephone number and a valid e-mail address.
In case your credit card is not approved by your bank, the company (HOUSEMARKET S.A.) reserves the right to cancel your order.
- Cash on delivery (cash only) at the time you receive the products. In this case the customer will be charged 1,50 euros (including VAT 24%). The cash on delivery option is valid only in some areas of Greece and for orders up to €500.
- Bank account deposit to one of the following bank accounts:
GR37 026003800005102000 62301
Your order will be “in-progress” until the bank confirms that the amount has been deposited. Usually the waiting time to receive such confirmation may take up to 2 business days. To facilitate the process, please send us a copy of the deposit slip accompanied by your order number and full name at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you may send us the date, bank, and reason for deposit, along with your order number, full name and a telephone number at the above e-mail address.
In case we do not receive a deposit within 2 business days, your order will be cancelled.
- Through PayPal's secure online payment service.
- Through the MyBank Electronic Payment Service for online purchases. Learn more about the service here.
- Through Giftcard (more information on https://www.ikea.gr/en/customer-support/ikea-gift-card/).
7.3 CONFIRMATION/ ORDER UPDATE
The consumer is informed by the company through the website before completing his order about the identity and address of the supplier, the essential characteristics of the product, the price, the quantity, the shipping costs, the method of payment and delivery, and the delivery timeframe. Upon submission of the order form, the consumer receives an electronic copy of the order at the e-mail address he/she has indicated when placing the order, which includes the detailed description of the ordered products and a unique code, with which he will be able to monitor the processing and progress of the order (registered users may visit www.ikea.gr).
Completion of the order (checkout)
When you complete your order, the following message appears (example):
YOUR ORDER IS COMPLETE
Your order has been completed. Please see details below.
Order Number: XXXX XXXX XXXXXAn automated email with all the details of your order as displayed on the previous page has been sent to the email you provided when you registered, (please check your email).
8. SHIPPING OF PRODUCTS
The deliveries of the products are made only within the natural and administrative borders of Greece via our cooperating transport service provider (and its partners) or the cooperating courier company.
Delivery costs are calculated according to the postal code of the shipping area.
In order to receive information about the zone in which the P.C of your area belongs, please press here.
(*) It concerns the possibility to pick up the goods from the transport agency of your area.
** The service is valid for orders with a maximum total weight of 15 kg and for specific Postal codes.General information
• The shipping cost of your order is calculated and charged automatically by entering the shipping address postal code after having added the product in your shopping cart and before you proceed to placing your order.
• The charges are calculated based on the weight (in kilos) and the Postal Code of your delivery area regardless of the floor.
• In cases of cash on delivery, the consumer is not obliged to pay unless he/she receives the legal receipt/invoice.
• The prices quoted include VAT 24%.
• In case of existing difficulties in accessing the delivery area, you must inform us by email at email@example.com mentioning the order code.
• If delivery to the site is not possible, there is the option to rent a crane / lift for an additional fee (75€) to selected Postal Codes upon request.
• Upon shipment of the products to the Customer, the risk of loss or damage to the products is transferred to the Customer, once the Customer or a third party, other than the carrier and designated by the Customer, is in physical possession of the products. However, the risk is transferred to the Customer earlier and, in particular, at the same time as the delivery to the carrier, if the carrier transfers the products at the customer's behest and this option was not offered by the Company (without prejudice, of course, in this case, of the Customer's rights vis-à-vis the carrier).
9. RETURNS /REPLACEMENTS / CANCELLATIONS
The terms and conditions described in this policy apply to all products purchased from the HOUSEMARKET S.A.’s e-shop in Greece on www.ikea.gr.
You may cancel the order on our e-shop.
To cancel your order, you can either send an email to: cs.ecοmmerce@ikea.gr, or call our call center at 801 11 22722 (for landline calls -charges are subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider) and at 210 35 43 403 (for international or mobile calls – charges are subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider).
In case you have already paid for your order and your order has not been dispatched to the shipping company, then, we will immediately refund the corresponding amount, via the original payment method (credit card, bank deposit, Pay Pal, My Bank).
In the event that your order has been dispatched to the shipping company, then the refund of the monetary value of the cancelled order will be performed out via the original payment method (credit card, bank deposit, Pay Pal, My Bank), as soon as the products are returned to HOUSEMARKET S.A..
You have 40 days to change your mind.
If you change your mind, you can return the products you have ordered within 40 days with your original receipt, your order form, order confirmation email and credit card statement (if you have paid by credit card). To return your products you can visit the nearest IKEA store. Alternatively, you may send your request in writing by filling out the withdrawal form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any information you may need, you can contact us by phone at 801 11 22722 (for landline calls -charges are subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider) and at 210 35 43 403 (for international or mobile calls – charges are subject to the pricing policy of your telecommunications provider).
If you cannot return the products you have purchased from HOUSEMARKET S.A. e-shop (www.ikea.gr), yourself, our partner shipping company can return them for you for an additional fee. The fee/charge for the transportation of your products depends on your area postal code and the weight of the products. Whichever way you choose to return the products, the request for such return is effective as of the date you submit the return request. The products you want to return should be in excellent condition, with the original packaging. You are responsible for the cost of returning the products unless the product falls under warranty due to a manufacturing defect. If you open the product packaging, you should make sure to return it in perfect condition, along with all parts and accessories. You agree to maintain the returned products in good condition from the moment they are delivered to you until the moment you return them to a HOUSEMARKET S.A. store or to the partner shipping company or courier company.
If the products are not returned within 40 days, HOUSEMARKET S.A. may decline any refund or replacement of a product. In any event, the maximum refund period for replacement may not be extended beyond forty (40) calendar days from the date of receipt.
In addition to the rights conferred by the refund policy, all rights applicable to consumers by the existing legal provisions and laws relating to the contract of sale, as well as any right arising in relation to the conditions of warranty of the products, apply.
Transfer of returned products
In case you wish to return products because you changed your mind, you will be charged the direct cost of returning the products. Returned products may only be picked up from the physical address originally submitted at the time you placed the order and which you have indicated in writing.
You agree to provide HOUSEMARKET S.A. with as many details as possible about the address for the pick-up of the goods, for example floor, accessibility difficulties the carrier/courier may encounter, existence of an elevator, information about narrow stairs, etc., in order to facilitate the process of collection from the place you will indicate. You agree that there will be appropriate access to the site for the pick-up of the returned goods.
If the courier considers that the product pick-up from the location you indicate may cause damage to your property, he will inform you verbally and document it on the receipt form. You can instruct the shipping/courier company to pick-up the products despite this suggestion, however we will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your property or goods as the pick-up of the products will be done with due diligence and care.
You agree to provide the partner with all the products you wish to return, including all parts and accessories that comprise them. Upon pick-up of the returned products by the carrier you will sign a receipt form to certify that the delivery to the carrier has taken place. The pick-up form will be provided to you by the partner carrier/courier.
If you cannot be present yourself when the goods are picked up from the designated site, you can appoint a representative to oversee this process on your behalf. This representative should be an adult and able to supervise the pick-up of your products instead of you.
Refund for returned products
If you qualify for a refund, we will refund you the value of the goods you return, in the original payment method (credit/debit card, bank deposit, PayPal) unless you wish another way of refund for which you must inform us in writing.In addition, we will refund the shipping costs you have paid for the products you purchased on the HOUSEMARKET S.A. e-shop (www.ikea.gr) (excluding the additional costs due to your selecting to use a shipping mode other than the cheapest standard mode that we offer).
The refund of the returned products will be issued as soon as possible. In any case, it will take place after you inform us in writing of the request for return of the products and once we accept their return and provided that the products have been delivered to our partner transport/courier company.
Exemptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal shall not apply in the following cases:
(a) products or services the price of which depends on fluctuations in the financial market that cannot be controlled and such fluctuations may occur within the withdrawal period.
(b) products manufactured in accordance with the specifications set by you as a consumer or products clearly personalized.
(c) products which, after delivery, by their very nature, become intertwined and inseparable from other element
- Force majeure: If due to force majeure reasons (e.g. extreme weather, strikes, etc.) it is not possible to deliver the products to you within the specified timeframe we will inform you by e-mail, so as to enable you to notify us, if you wish, under these circumstances, to complete your order. HOUSEMARKET S.A. bears no responsibility for issues caused by external events and not by our own fault and will do everything humanly possible to provide you with the best service under the circumstances.
- In cases where you have placed an online order and upon receipt you discover that a (or some) product is missing from the total order, please contact us so as to settle all the necessary details and send you the products you did not receive at no extra charge.
- In case of non-receipt of the ordered goods (and if a long time has elapsed since the order was placed), please contact customer service at email@example.com. For your convenience and speedy service, we recommend that you indicate the specific order code sent to the email address you provided when you placed the order.
- According to Directive 2013/11/EC, incorporated into Greek law by the Common Ministerial Order 70330/2015 and Decision 31619 Government Gazette (FEK) 969/22.3.2017 (Article 8) the possibility of electronic resolution of consumer disputes with the Alternative Dispute Resolution procedure throughout the European Union is provided. If the Customer has a problem with a purchase made by the E-Shop and resides in the EU, he/she may use the website https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng for an out-of-court settlement of the dispute.